Thursday, October 8, 2009

RA Means Really Awful


A very welcomed scheduled appointment with my rheumatologist, Dr. Kramer, resulted in another Cortisone shot (heaven, I'm in heaven) to reduce the inflammation in my knee and my hands, which then resembled eagle's talons, all crooked and prepared to gouge. Doc told me that my body is hot, not in a good way. The RA is very active, accounting for my general feeling of malaise.

We are going to change the Methotrexate from pills to injectables, and Peter got training, with trepidation. I am scared s--tliss to think of him sticking a needle into my body. But, metho injected is so much more effective and less of a strain on the liver. Do I sense an alcoholic beverage ahead?

I am now feeling great, and probably will for a week or so as my blessed cortisone improves my demeanor while turning my bones to mush. Right now, I don't care. I am on my way to see my granddaughter and her parents, and their new home.

No comments: