Friday, November 28, 2008

Charleston Restaurants

 

On our first day here we revisited Magnolias, where I surely wish my friend Betty could join us. Southern charm, shrimp and grits, fairly priced for upscale, and as I mentioned earlier, great cosmos. I have now been informed though that my drink cost $11. That's 3 bottles of rum in the Bahamas, or 3 bottles of wine at Walmart.

On our next day we had dinner with Barb and Lee on Wind Dancer, with whom we had made the journey from Southport. We ate at Mercato's, a well priced Italian with excellent calamari and lasagna, but with white tableclothes. Very good.

This is Wind Dancer's first trip to the Bahamas, and they are good company. We parted with them early in the morn for our overnight to Fernandina Beach, as they headed up the ICW. Until we meet again...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: