Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hit by a Car and other Miseries

Yes, it had to happen sooner or later. Sixty year old women do not belong on bikes, peddalling around the busy streets of Annapolis. IT WAS NOT MY FAULT! As I was on the way to the market, entering a busy intersection but in the pedestrian lane and with a green light in my favor, some sweet young thing hit me, knocked me off the bike, and sent me to the hospital. It was the first time I rode in an ambulance as a patient since being an EMT; I much prefer providing care than receiving it. Cat scans and xrays show no broken bones, but lots of signs of old age. Thanks, doc.

Came back to the boat to discover that the work done that morning by the refrigeration technician did not pass the Emergency Medical Technician test: DO NO HARM. The unit, previously incapable of holding its set temperature of 12 degrees, now cannot reach 12, and hovers around 20 degrees, running constantly and pulling down the batteries faster than ever. Pigs.

Thankfully I have pain medication.

No comments: